SCIENCE IS EVERYWHERE
"Finding the fun in data"
Data as music:
- Maybe bring some percussion instruments and have the audience "play" some data
Music to convey science:
- Rihanna song: "Umbrella" (Madeline is still working on getting a few UNC kids to come play with us)
- HS kid on NPR who turned the equation for work into a RAP
Data as imagery:
- Videos of sprites from the G-V
- 12'x12' colored paper to turn the audience into an image (Janine has paper at home she can bring)
- (Can we add one of our lightning demos here to add a wow factor?)
- Use clickers to collect some sort of data from the audience
- Plot data and do something with it.
- (This obviously needs flushing out)
Show EOL field project locations in Google Earth and let them know about interactive display in the lobby because "EOL does science everywhere"
EOL field project locations thru 2011: EOL Field Projects.kml
Did anyone see Conan May 8th? Check out John Collins "the Paper Airplane Guy". I love the continuous flight plane. I think Eileen ordered his book back in May * http://teamcoco.com/video/-the-paper-airplane-guy-john-collins-pt-1-05-08-13