- analog gaps for 15 seconds
- Started around RF04
- 1-4 gaps per flight; rf14 an exception with 13.
Serial & IRIG are fine; no gaps
LWO (Gust Pod)
- Periodic reboots on most flights
- Are these reboots or time gaps?
- Generally happened 2-4 times per flight with no apparent correlation to anything.
- reboot on ascent and descent
- Always seemed to be around 22,000ft / -10C
- Got better over course of project as we swapped cards, but did not go away.
occasional short time gaps in IRIG & ARINC
- happened on about 5 flights (rf06, 07, 10, 12, and 18).
- lasted 5-15 seconds
- Serial data was not affected.
- I notice a lot of gaps in VCSEL data, independent of other time gaps or problems.
- crapping out in IWC events
RF02 & RF03 IWC events IRIG froze.
RF01 - 10:10 - 15:16
- dsm303 in the ads rack was out for 305 seconds.
- 2DC probe reached 200 records per second twice briefly (data was good and not running away).
- dsmLWM rebooted on both take-off and landing at ~8,000m in altitude. 125 and 73 seconds respectively.
RF02 - 10:18 - 15:30
- IWC event at 10:46
- Radome IRIG time locks up but NTP continues to work. analog stops reporting
- 2DC records per second hit 200 about 10:44 and stay there until 11:12 (there are two lulls at 10:58 and 11:05).
- 13:20 we hit another period where 2DC rps goes to 200, lasts about 5 minutes
- We loose the nose analog card permanently.
- LWM has two 70-80 second time gaps (reboots?).
- At 14:02 we hit another period where the 2DC went to 200 rps for about 14 minutes
- From 14:08 14:16 there are 4 time gaps across all DSMs lasting about 10 seconds
- No reboots for this event.
RF03 - 10:20 - 17:50
- dsmLWM reboots 8 times on ascent.
- dsmLWO reboots twice 1.5 hours into flight, and twice an hour before landing.
- All DSMs report 11 time gaps from 12:11 - 12:19 lasting 2-9 seconds.
- 2DC RPC goes to 200 starting at 12:03 and stays until 12:20.
- At 12:06 Radome IRIG locks up, NTP does not, analog stops reporting. Dies faster than event in RF02
- At 14:25 we set 2DC throttle rate down to 100.
- At 16:15 Radome Analog card dies.
- At 16:19 2DC stops working, turn off DSM at 16:32 for an hour (we kept trying to reboot with no success).
RF04 - 09:00 - 15:30
- dsmLWM rebooted twice at take-off (308 and 74 seconds), not on descent.
- dsmLWO rebooted 6 times periodically throughout the flight.
- dsmRWO has two 14 second time gaps in analog data (19:16, and 10:02).
RF05 - 10:00 - 14:00
- dsmLWM rebooted twice at take-off (93 and 74 seconds), not on descent
- dsmLWO rebooted 3 times periodically throughout the flight
- dsmRWO has three gaps in analog data; 15, 30, and 15 seconds respectively (11:09, 13:30, and 13:30)
RF06 - 09:06 - 18:11
- dsmLWM rebooted 8 times on take-off, twice mid-flight, and on descent
- dsmLWO rebooted once at 13:00.
- dsmRWO has one gap in analog data; 15 seconds at 17:44
- Radome had 3 analog dropouts at 18:01 - 18:05, 218, 15, and 16 seconds
- MPDB had 5 seconds of lost IRIG and ARINC data at 13:11, serial was fine
RF07 - 10:00 - 17:00
- dsmLWM rebooted 4 times on ascent, twice mid-flight (4 minutes apart), and twice descent
- dsmLWO rebooted twice at 16:35 and 16:40
- dsmRWO has two time gaps in analog data; 15 seconds each at 16:38
- MPDB had 11 seconds of lost IRIG and ARINC data at 15:13, serial was fine
- LWI and Radome both lost 15 seconds of analog data at 16:04:41
RF08 - 12:00 - 16:48
- dsmLWM rebooted 5 times on ascent, and three times on descent
- dsmRWO has two time gaps in analog data; 15 seconds each at 16:28 and 16:39
- dsm303 lost 7 seconds of IRIG and 22 seconds of analog at 13:00, serial data was fine
RF09 - 12:40 - 21:40
- dsmLWM rebooted once ascent
- dsmLWO rebooted twice, 21:07 and 21:20
- dsmRWO had two time gaps in analog data; 16 seconds at 14:20
RF10 - 12:00 - 21:24
- dsmLWM rebooted three times on ascent and once on descent
- dsmRWO has three time gaps in analog data; 15 seconds each at 20:50, 21:04 and 21:07
- MPDB lost 8 seconds of IRIG and ARINC data at 15:04, serial was fine
RF11 - 12:50 - 20:05
- dsmLWM rebooted 4 times on ascent and 4 times on descent
- dsmRWO has a 43 gap in analog data at 13:45
RF12 - 11:00 - 18:45
- dsmLWM didn't work most of flight. rebooted four times on descent
- dsmLWO rebooted twice, 17:03 and 18:15
- MPDB lost 9 seconds of IRIG and ARINC data at 14:14, serial was fine.
RF13 - 12:30 - 18:25
- dsmLWM rebooted once on ascent, twice in flight 4 min apart, and twice on descent
- dsmRWO had one time gap in analog data; 14 seconds at 18:03
RF14 - 09:00 - 14:35
- All DSM's report 6 time gaps from 10:03 - 10:06, ranging from 5-54 seconds, not enough for a reboot
- 2DC records per second reports 1000 records per second in this time frame
- Probably an IWC event, TT rose 15C
- dsmRWO reports 13 gaps in analog data ranging from 15 seconds to 51 seconds (11:08-14:22)
RF15 - 16:30 - 21:50
- dsmLWO rebooted once at 21:30 (148 seconds)
- Radome lost analog data for 15 seconds at 21:33
RF16 - 15:20 - 20:40
- dsm304 lost IRIG and ARINC for 9 seconds at 17:45
- dsmLWO rebooted three times (20:16 - 20:25)
- dsmRWO had one time gap in analog data; 15 seconds at 20:20
RF17 - 11:00 - 16:00
- dsmLWM rebooted twice on descent
- dsmLWO rebooted once on descent
- dsmRWO had one gap in analog data; 15 seconds at 11:32
RF18 - 10:00 - 16:10
- MPDB had two dropouts of IRIG and ARINC; 20, and 87 seconds at 15:13 and 15:18
- dsmLWM rebooted on descent
- dsmLWO four dropouts 78, 74, 215, and 73 seconds each, last 3 on descent
RF19 - 13:00 - 21:40
- dsmLWM rebooted 3 times on ascent, 4 times in flight, and twice on descent
- dsmLWO rebooted at 21:16
RF20 - 09:57 - 18:56
- dsmLWM rebooted 4 times on ascent, 0 times in flight, and once on descent
- dsmLWO rebooted at 18:19
- dsmRWO was nonfunctional throughout the flight (power)
RF21 - 09:54 - 17:58
- dsmLWM rebooted 3 times on ascent, 0 times in flight, and once on descent
- dsmLWO rebooted once on ascent, 0 times in flight, and once on descent
- dsmRWO was nonfunctional throughout the flight (power)
RF22 - 13:14 - 18:32
- dsm305 (radome) drop out at 16:26 (reboot?) - coincides with PALT drop out (?)
- dsmLWI drop out at 16:29 (reboot?)'
- dsmLWM rebooted once on ascent, 3 times in flight, and once on descent
- dsmRWO was back and solid throughout the flight - no sign of analog gaps
RF23 - 10:20 - 20:27
- dsmLWI drop out at 15:29 (reboot?)
- dsmLWM rebooted once on ascent, 4 times during flight (note: 2DC RPS was pegged during this), 3 times during descent
- dsmLWO rebooted once on descent (exactly when LWM did)
- dsmRWO rebooted once just after ascent and twice during flight - one analog gap at 11:57 no correlation to reboots
RF24 - 11:56 - 19:50
- dsmLWM rebooted once on ascent, 28(!) times during flight, and 3 times on descent
- dsmRWO rebooted once during flight and had 2 analog gaps
RF25 - 11:58 - 20:29
- dsm305 (radome) one reboot on descent - several analog gaps just prior to that
- dsmLWI rebooted once on ascent, and once during flight
- dsmLWM rebooted 12 times during flight but not on ascent/descent
- dsmRWO never rebooted but had one 26 second analog gap at 12:39
RF26 - 10:10 - 19:37 - Why so much better for this flight?
- dsm305 (radome) one analog gap at 17:57
- dsmLWM rebooted once on ascent
- dsmRWO had two analog gaps at 12:54